Tuesday, January 15, 2008

OLPC Delivery?

It was just Sunday I got an email from OLPC customer service saying 'you should receive your laptop no later than January 15, 2008'. Now when I signed up (Dec. 30), I figured it'd be a while before I saw my laptop. And that's fine - I don't need one. The program isn't designed for me, it's for poorer nations. But when I got that email, it did get my hopes up. Its not like Sunday was that long ago, that predicting something for Tuesday was a long shot. If you haven't figured out yet, I didn't get my laptop today. I shouldn't be aggravated. I just hope they're a bit more on the ball with the deliveries that matter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for anything about "delivery olpc," and came across your blog. It's the 17th, and I haven't gotten my XO, either. As you said, delivery to the buyer is not the issue, but one still wonders.
--ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

sumidiot said...

Sigh. Another delivery-free day. I'm trying to decide if it's comforting that I'm not the only one this has happened to. One the one hand, it means I don't worry that somehow my order got lost or something. On the other... OLPC is letting more than 1 person down...

Unknown said...

January 17th?

I have a Canadian friend with a confirmation number in the 200s and she still hasn't been shipped the OLPC "Santa" got her daughter -- and it's March 26, 2008, 4 months and it hasn't been shipped!

When Negroponte points out that they can't be held to certain standards because they are not a company but a not-for-profit he really means they are not a company but a not-for-profit and incompetent.

sumidiot said...

Hang in there! I got mine today!