Friday, April 25, 2008

Upgrading to Hardy Heron (pt 2)

Well, here I am. Since I did the upgrade, instead of a fresh install, nothing looks particularly new. That's ok (but I still have the urge to start from scratch, and see what it's like). There seemed to be some issues toward the end of my upgrade, the chillispot thing came up again, and I killed another process there, and it even said 'update-manager' failed to update. So we'll see how that goes. I also still want to play and see if I can get my wireless working this time, as I never did in Gutsy Gibbon. I guess the big new thing is using the firefox beta 3 (which I could have done without a full system install), which I'll need to play with some more to see what all new awesomeness it has. At the very least, it doesn't crash when I close flash videos that are still playing, as opposed to what happened before this upgrade. So that's nice. I certainly want to think that the beta is snappier too, which I've read in other places. Hopefully I still feel the same as time goes by.

In the mean time, I'm off.

No comments: