Friday, May 30, 2008

World Record Layout

I updated the layout for this blog recently. Not much, really, I just added two new bits along the right side:
  1. Download Day. The folks at Firefox are trying to set a world record 'for most software downloads in 24 hours'. They've got it set up so you can pledge to download on the day Firefox 3 comes out (which, interestingly enough, is not yet determined, just "sometime in June"), so I put a link there on the right. If you're reading this in a feed reader, you can just follow the link here.
  2. Flickr Slideshow. To play around with new (for me anyway) things (or just avoid doing work), I signed up over at flickr (so now I'm on yahoo too, I guess), and posted a few photos. Those now show up in a slideshow along the right panel. There isn't much up there yet, but hopefully I'll remedy that... sometime.
I'd still like to spend some time trying to make a slightly more substantial change to the layout here. I've been thinking I want the 'blog archive' and 'labels' bits on the left (maybe 'about me' as well), as they are part of this blog, and leave the other bits (other random bits of my online life) on the right. None of the provided blogger templates are 3 panels though, and I haven't found one online. But I need css practice anyway, right?

No comments: