Friday, July 4, 2008

Toenails

With a title like that, you know this is going to be an exciting post. It's been boring here lately. You're probably better off skipping this post entirely, but I figure posting once a week is about the lowest frequency I'd like.

Anyway, I've spent more time looking at my feet since taking up running. Even more so since the Charlottesville marathon in April. The day after that run I noticed that the toe next to my big toe was bruised, basically the entire area under the nail. It was about time for some new shoes anyway, so I went ahead and bought a pair. I've had blisters most of the time since. It doesn't help that I pick at them.

But it was just this past week sometime that I realized how pointless toenails are. I mean, fingernails are useful. Toenails? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they were useful, somewhere along the evolutionary trail. But these days, they are just there. Stupid things. It made me wonder if there is some surgery you can get to remove the parts that are in charge of making nails. So one day I go to the doctor, get my toenails removed, and they basically turn off my body's "make toenails" function. From then on, toenail free. I think toes might look cooler without them anyway. Of course, I'd never actually do such a thing. I'm all talk. If you do it though, let me know how it goes.

I told you that you should have skipped reading this post. You'll never get this time back. If you stop following this feed, I'll understand.

No comments: